Thursday, December 1, 2016

Story: Two Guys, One Girl, and One Baby

“Hurry, hurry, it’s starting,” yelled a Kaitlyn to her friends in the kitchen who were making popcorn. The college girls ran into the living room with the bowl of popcorn, twinkies, and chips. Today was Tuesday and for these girls they were getting their fix of reality TV, trashy reality TV to be exact. Every Tuesday at 9:00 PM they watched Jerry Springer. All the juicy couples were on Tuesday because it was paternity test Tuesday. Something about a show that had a designated day for baby daddy mysteries prompted the girls to watch the show and then they became obsessed with it. “Finally it’s starting!!!” Kaitlyn said. 

Narrator: On tonight’s episode of paternity test Tuesday, we dive deep into a love triangle between, Sausage, Bird, and Mouse.


Jerry Springer: Hello everyone! I am Jerry Springer and tonight we are going to find out who the father is between the Sausage, Bird, and Mouse love triangle. Bird is in a dilemma and does not know who the father of her unborn child is. Will it be Mouse or Sausage? Before we get to the exciting part, let us hear what exactly happened to get Bird into this situation. So, Bird, please explain what happened.


Bird: Hello, Jerry, and thank you for having me on the show. I’ve been such a big fan and cannot believe my case actually made it to the show. I do not even know where to begin so, I will start with this. I was dating Sausage for five years and could not be happier. We lived together, had a dog together, and I could not imagine us apart. Until one day, Sausage and I had been fighting. We were not doing so well financially and that caused a lot of stress on our relationship. The tensions were high and Sausage left. He just left and he did not say anything or goodbye. I thought he was gone How was I supposed to know if he was coming back or not? Well, during his absence, I realized how lonely I was and needed a girl’s night out. I never went out when Sausage was home because I wanted to spend my time with him. My alcohol tolerance was pretty low since I barely went out for five years. I did not plan to get drunk but as you can imagine, four shots deep of fireball will make anyone drunk but for me it made me extremely drunk. I was having a good time and just hanging with my girlfriends. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mouse glancing over at me. I looked and waved to him and motioned for him to come over. We started talking which led to dancing. Before I knew it, it was 2AM and I was in the Uber on my way to Mouse’s house. Once we got to his house, things did not move slow whatsoever. Mouse turned on Netflix and I’m sure you all can figure out what happened next. 


Jerry: Ah, I see. Did you try and call Sausage when he left? I do not understand how you can be with someone for five years and after one argument, you cheat on him. It sounds like you guys have more than just financial problems. You are definitely going to have more problems after this show, especially if the results say Mouse is the father. Have you talked to Sausage since you found out you’re pregnant?

Bird: Yes, I tried to call and he did not answer. For all I knew, he left me. I was sad and drunk that night. Mouse was there when Sausage was not. I wish I could take it all back but I am pregnant and need to face the consequences. I really need to find out who the father of this baby is so I can move forward with my life. I called Sausage after I found out and told him. He was not happy obviously, but he came home and we talked over things.

Jerry:  Bird, the time has come. Are you ready to find out who the father of your child is?

Bird: YES, TELL ME!!!

Jerry: The father of your child is ….. Mouse.

Narrator: Out of nowhere, Sausage comes in and punches Mouse in the face. A giant brawl breaks out. Bird is left crying on the couch.

Jerry: Thank you everyone for tuning in tonight, and see you next week!


Author’s Note:
I read the story The Mouse, The Bird and The Sausage from the Italian Unit. The story was about three friends who worked together to cook dinner. Each character had a different job. One day the bird decided he was not going to do his job anymore. That caused everyone’s jobs the shift. Since it was not in the normal routine, it caused things to change. The bird ended up dying, the sausage also died and finally the mouse died. I was not really sure what to do with this story. I decided to keep the main characters but change the story completely. I wanted to make it modern but yet comical. Jerry Springer is so funny to me and I do not know why I watch it. I decided to take the characters and put them in a Jerry Springer episode. My story has nothing to do with or relate to the original except the characters. I tried to connect to the original in some way by breaking the routine like the bird did in the original story. Once the bird stopped doing his job, things started to go south. In my story, I had Sausage breaking the routine and leaving which in return caused a huge problem.

 
true







Bibliography:


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious haha. I really appreciated the beginning of this story, where the girls are hurrying in to watch the show, and they’re not quite sure why they care so much. I also liked how you tied that back to your own experience, saying it’s because you watch it, but you don’t really know why. I’m left really curious about the original story…. even if the plot is very different than yours, why are those their names? Haha “Sausage”?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a creative story! I could definitely imagine Jerry Springer’s couch and the bird, sausage, and mouse sitting there. My only conflict was trying to imagine a bird and sausage dating! Otherwise, it was really easy to follow and you did a great job setting up the scene. I can just imagine Bird taking four shots of Fireball and not having a good night. You created the perfect breakup scene and Jerry Springer conflict! Your twist on this from the original story is really good! I like how different it is, but it stays close enough to the story where it makes sense. Your entire project is great and put together very well! Great job and congratulations on finishing the semester! Hope you have a wonderful holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing about your storybook is the meme that you attach to almost every post! It is unique and funny, and it gives so much personality and humor to a historical story. I also like how you managed to include modern memes and quotes like "Ain't nobody got time for that!" to relate to your stories.
    I like how you made a tv show in this story and created a script for the readers! The beginning is so funny when the girls watch a show about baby daddies because I can relate to when I was younger and I would watch Teen Mom for a reason unknown to me hahaha! Great job, Geena!

    ReplyDelete