Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Reading Notes: Jewish Fairy Tales.

I enjoyed the stories in part A more so then the stories in Part B. One story that really stuck out to me was "The Giant of the Flood".

While reading this story, I began to imagine the story and started to create pictures in my head on how I thought the story would be like in real life. While reading, I began to realize the story is actually quite sad. I focused in on the Og. 

After finding out the Og drank often, I was really able to grasp the story and have ideas as to make it my own. 
I immediately thought of this story coming from Og's point of view. Since he was a drunk and a mean on of that (sacrificing all the animals), I imagined this story as if it was all a dream. Og's dream from one night of binge drinking and him crying in his dream which caused a "flood". 

Og riding to "freedom"


Bibliography:
Bibliography: Jewish Fairy Tales and Legends by Gertrude Landa link to the reading





No comments:

Post a Comment